Saturday, February 21, 2009

Denham Springs, LA







We left Texas this morning around 11 am and headed to Louisiana. I'm glad we are pulling our house and not set to any schedule as the traffic on I10 was very slow and as we neared the New Orleans exit, the partying began (no one moving on the freeway). We managed to pull off the freeway to grab some fuel while the girls spied some turtles in a pond adjacent to the gas station.
Oh, and the anti-lock brakes on the truck work great! Some PINHEAD in a green Honda pulled onto the freeway in front of me then slammed on the brakes. I managed to get the truck/trailer stopped, but not after shaking things up in the trailer. I wanted to pull the driver out of the "wind-wing" but Kelly wouldn't let me out of the truck :)
The traffic was still very slow, so we decided to head off to a Walmart to park overnight. After a nice drive in the Mississippi Countryside we located the Walmart. This was our first time using Walmart and all went well. We were the only RV parked behind the store, along with the employees. We plan on leaving early tomorrow and will head to Biolxi, Mississippi.

No comments: