Tuesday, February 10, 2009

El Paso, Texas
















We left Davis-Monthan AFB this morning after I cleared the "white stuff" from the windshield of the truck. It was quite a windy and snowy night and at times we thought we were back in Bandon, Oregon. The wind really never stopped all day as we headed east, sometimes going through a dust cloud and other times snow flurries. I happened to stop at Deming, New Mexico for fuel at the same time the wind was blowing 48 MPH. By the time I got back into the truck, the girls thought I looked like some sort of "Cupid Dad". At the next Navy Exchange I plan on buying a tube of "Brylcream" for what hair I do have. We arrived in El Paso and decided on parking at RV park instead of parking in "overflow" at Fort Bliss. There is an inside pool at the park and all of us plan on soaking all of the dust and dirt off tomorrow!

No comments: