Tuesday, February 24, 2009

That Place in Mississippi











Okay, I just had to take the girls to Camp S....y and show them where I had all the fun during the summer of 2007! I was at this training facility for a couple of months with 65 other Navy buddies as we did our initial combat training before being deployed overseas. I still can't come to the point where I actually same that "name". Nothing really has changed there either from what we could see. Contractors were doing some excavating near our living area (digging holes in the Mississippi Mud) and I guess they are still having problems routing the mud away from entering the barracks and bathroom facilities. I wanted to take them to the Armed Forces Museum on post, but it was closed on Mondays. That was one of the highlights of staying at Camp S....y! I was so worked up after driving onto the base, I had to find a Starbucks for a triple White Chocolate Mocha!

No comments: