Monday, March 9, 2009

Back in the Navy full time!

We had a very busy weekend! I will drilling during the day with my security unit and Mom and the girls had fun exploring and playing with other kids here at the RV park. I was also offered a 1 year deployment with the Navy as a Operations Supervisor. I will be working with Expeditionary Combat Readiness Command and working at the Naval Amphibious Base, Little Creek Virginia. With the way things are going in the current economy, I feel very lucky to have picked up this great job opportunity! The Lord knows what he is doing and we plan on following him in our 5th wheel wherever he directs! We have found several homeschool support groups in the local area and today we are going to a large city park in Virgina Beach for an outing with many homeschool families. Photos will be coming soon!

2 comments:

EJ said...

Hi Dave & family. Dave - Please get in touch with Ken, Ryan or EJ when you get this.

I don't have Ken's number handy, Ryan is at 509-370-0266.

EJ is at 509-953-1127,

Thanks,

EJ

kd said...

Hello! I started reading your blog when I Googled "homeschooling groups and activities in Virginia Beach".
I plan on homeschooling all three of my children starting in the fall. We are also a christian, military family. May I ask where you found the groups to get together with for homeschooling trips?