Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Smokey Bones Restaurant







Barbecued ribs always reminds me of a really neat crime scene I went to with my buddies in Stevens County one year. We called that scene "The Bear Barbecue" and it started like this. Doper#1 killed his two doper buddies in a Ford Bronco way up in the woods off an old logging road. Shooting them wasn't enough, so he torched the vehicle and left. This of course caused quite a stir with the local animal population and they were all thinking about Spokane's "Pig out in the Park celebration" when the fire went out. The large bears showed up and removed most of the barbecue and scattered it in little piles amongst the trees. Now that was a crime scene!
Sorry I digressed but some scenes were down right fun....I surprised Lindsay with a stop at The Smokey Bones Restaurant in Virginia Beach. Lindsay devoured an entire rack of ribs, stripping the meat from the bones like a Tyrannosaurus Rex! Yes, the Fenn's are meat eaters, although we do like fresh vegetables as well (with butter) of course. Kelly wouldn't let me take a photo of her eating the chocolate/peanut butter pie that we were suppose to share. I managed a couple of bites but Kelly is very skilled with a "fork" :)
We will be visiting the Casemate Museum here on Fort Monroe tomorrow. Photo's to follow...

1 comment:

jmakball said...

Don't get in the way of a woman and her chocolate!

It sounds like you guys are having so much fun. I was bummed that I didn't get to see you all when you were in Spokane.

Love,
Michelle Ball