Saturday, March 21, 2009

Virginia Air & Space Museum






















We were able to visit the Virginia Air & Space Museum today. Admission was free for all military personnel during the month of March, we saved us some $$. Our first stop was a neat IMAX 3D show "Under the Sea". Everything went good until a Cuddle Fish snatched up some unsuspecting, slower moving fish right from under our noses! Lindsay jumped out of her seat...but wait...Sea Snakes had to make an appearance as well. I had to close my eyes as "I don't like snakes". I'll even eat my Mom's tuna fish casserole before I will get near a snake. Sorry, Mom. Do you remember when Bill Money would just happen to call the house and ask me out for Pizza? That just happened to be every time that tuna fish casserole showed up at the Fenn house in 1974. Oops...back to the visit...the girls had fun trying to fly several planes and Nikki even learned how to give the pilots the correct signals when taking off an aircraft carrier. There was so much to see we will be back before we leave the Virginia area to experience more cool stuff. Oh, almost forgot, the Apollo 12 command capsule was in the museum. In the 1970's my grandpa worked for North American Aviation in Long Beach, CA and actually did some engineering work on it.

2 comments:

Show Us The World said...

We loved this museum when we were there. Looks like you did too!

Blessed Family of Flowers said...

Hello,
We are also a Christian Homeschooling family. My husband is in the military also : ) Chief in the Navy and currently deployed. We live in Suffolk. Thanks for the pics of the Virginia Air and Space Museum- my family will be visiting the museum over the Summer. Come check out our blog at www.blessedfamilyofflowers.wordpress.com

Blessings,
Jennifer Hyatt
mimzy4@msn.com