Monday, March 30, 2009

Williamsburg, Virginia





































We were able to stay in a fun Holiday Inn-Express in Williamsburg. Of course that included a pool, hot tub and a fun breakfast in the morning! Sunday we decided to drive into Williamsburg to take in some history as well as seeing some of the William & Mary campus. The weather was near perfect and the crowds were down. I could see this to be a very hopping place during the summer months. "Someone" found a Yankee Candle shop that just happened to be just down the road from where we parked. I was outnumbered and we did find the store. I tried to find an Ace Hardware or Home Depot so I could find solitude amongst the redwood planks and wall anchors but couldn't locate one quick enough on my Garmin. So, I was a good hubby and walked around the candle store. I still can't get the smell of candles out of my clothes! I don't want my Navy buddies thinking I'm in touch with my feminine side! Don't ask, don't tell....

No comments: